Conserve School is pleased to partner with the Land O' Lakes Fish and Game Club for their Annual Photo Contest.
Photos will be judged by a panel of judges. Winners will be announced at the Fish & Game Club's Valentines Dinner on February 14, 2019 at the Gateway Lodge.
Winning photos will be displayed online and around Land O' Lakes.
The deadline for submitting photos for the contest is midnight on January 14, 2019. However, earlier submissions will be much appreciated. Look through the pictures that you took during 2018 and select your best. You can submit photos taken up until the photo deadline so grab your camera and head out into the Northwoods.
Photographers may submit photos in any or all categories, however each photographer can only submit a total of four photos.
- Close Ups of Nature (this category includes insects)
- Wildlife (animals)
- People and Pets Enjoying the Northwoods
- Northwoods Scenery
- Photos must be taken within 50 miles of Land O' Lakes, Wisconsin.
- Photos must be taken on or after January 1, 2018.
- Previous entries are not allowed.
- No heavy digital manipulations, no text added to photos, and no watermarks allowed on photos.
- Photographers acknowledge that they are submitting their own original work.
- Photographers acknowledge that they are responsible for obtaining the permission from all individuals (or their legal guardians) featured in their photos and that they have obtained that permission.
- By submitting your photo you are giving Conserve School and the Land O' Lakes Fish & Game Club permission to use your photo for noncommercial purposes.
- The Land O' Lakes Fish & Game Club reserves the right to reject any photo from inclusion in the contest. Typically this would occur for inappropriate content and/or content not in alignment with contest categories.
Recognition and Prizes
The top four photos in each category, as selected by our panel of judges, will be recognized at the Land O’ Lakes Fish & Game Club Valentines Dinner at the Gateway Lodge on February 14, 2019. Displays of the winning photos will be installed at the Headwaters State Bank in Land O’ Lakes and at Conserve School in Land O’ Lakes. The top four photos in each category will receive certificates of recognition. Additionally in each category there will be the monetary prizes of $15 for first place, $10 for second place, and $5 for third place.
This year we are requiring that all photos be submitted digitally.
Criteria for Photos
- Photos must be in JPEG format.
- Photos must be at least 500 pixels in width and height.
- File size must be less than 10 MB (10,000 KB).
- You must be the photographer and have rights to upload the photo.