Enrollment Update: May 29, 2019
We are fully enrolled for fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters. No new applications are being accepted as our waitpool is full.
If you are interested in a semester school experience for 2019-2020, check other semester schools at www.semesterschools.net
Is Conserve School for me?
- Prior success with college-preparatory academic material.
- An interest in understanding the science of natural resource conservation.
- A commitment to protecting the environment.
- A willingness to learn about careers that help preserve the natural world.
- The fitness level necessary to engage in outdoor activities such as canoeing, backpacking, camping, biking, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing.
- The desire to learn new skills. (Students need not have prior experience with outdoor activities.)
- Readiness to live responsibly in a trusting community (in consideration of this, applicants and accepted students are asked to sign an ethics pledge).
If this sounds like you, then we encourage you to apply. We accept applications from high school freshmen or sophomores for the fall or spring semester of their sophomore or junior year. Click here to begin your application.
Why should I apply?
- Attending a semester school can:
- Intensify a student’s interest in and motivation for learning.
- Allow a student to pursue an area of interest in-depth.
- Broaden a student’s range of skills and interests, and increase their maturity level.
- Boost a student’s chances in the increasingly competitive college admissions process by:
- Providing them with a unique and eye-catching experience that sets them apart from other applicants.
- Giving them a unique and meaningful experience to highlight in college application essays and interviews.
- Introduce students to a diverse group of highly motivated peers with similar interests and goals.
- Give students a head start on developing the independence, good judgment, and life skills necessary for living away from home -- before they go away to college.